We are advocates of privacy:
- We do not collect data about you while you are visiting our site. However, your IP address is logged, i.e. stored permanently for statistical evaluation. We do not make a connection between this IP address and an actual person. Exception: unlawful activities, e.g. denial-of-service attacks. If you do not consent to your IP address being logged, your only option is to leave our site.
- We do not set cookies.
- We do not force you to reveal personal data before we allow you to download.
- We build a database of licensed customers only, containing only those data we need for our own business.
All systems used for the database are protected by passwords and drive encryption for the event of physical theft.
- We do not sell address data for extra income.
- We put all licensed customers on our Leanware Backer mailing list to keep them informed about the latest developments. This will result in approx. 3 e-mails per year.
In the e-mail with the license key we point out your right to object to the use of your e-mail address for such mailings.
You may also object any time later. To do so, please send us an >e-mail with the subject "No Mailing". You incur no costs except those for transmitting your e-mail.
- At any time, you have the right to demand free-of-charge information about the data stored about you, their origin and recipients as well as the purpose of storing them. Please use our >contact facilities for that.
Please note that to process >purchases
we make use of external service providers who have privacy policies of their own. Please
contact the service providers directly for information about their privacy policies.